Friday, May 10, 2013

Life in the Price Family

Golly! It has been a long time since I have posted ANYTHING! Usually, I get inspired or something so then I write. But, I have had a lot of people ask how our family is doing, so here is an update!

Marcus:
He has been super busy with his school! The band program has quadrupled since he started teaching here! So, super awesome. The kids really seem to enjoy him. He also had the opportunity to play with a local symphony in the percussion section. He really enjoyed that and loves to play any instrument he can get his hands on. Marcus was also head speech coach this year and took a couple kids to state! So that was very exciting.

Karin:
I just finished my first semester of going back to school. I decided to go back and go after my certification to teach Music Education. (I know, a bunch of people are telling me "I TOLD YOU SO!") I was really excited with my grades. Piano Tech IV was really difficult for me. I haven't played piano in a long time and I had to make up some proficiencies. I passed all of my proficiency tests AND earned a B- in the class!!! I was shooting for a C so that was exciting. I also just finished up playing with the local symphony in the horn section. Gotta tell ya, I love to play. :) I have also been working at the local school as a para educator. That is actually what helped me decide that teaching is what I want to do. I was also assistant speech coach this year. So our weekends were busy for a LONG time. They are finally starting to slow down and we are having weekends at home. Yay!

Lydia:
I don't know if you guys want videos of her on youtube or not, but she is a really busy squirt. She has hit 21 months now and is EVERYWHERE! I found out recently that she can reach the counters, so I pushed everything back. Well, that didn't stop her. She opened the cupboards and climbed up them to reach what she wanted and then proceeded to grab a box of chocolate cereal and dump it all over the floor. I guess she thought she and our dog Charly deserved a snack. Anyway, she is super busy. Marcus and I are speaking to her in English and in Spanish and she is actually picking up on both! So, that is very exciting. She is running and trying to figure out how to jump.

Lydia's words: Mommy, Daddy, Da, Mama, Charly, Please, Thank you, no, yes, si, the spanish word for listen but I don't know how to spell it, hi, hello, bye bye, nuh night, cracker, elmo, inside, outside, puppy, kitty, cow, baby, and I am sure there are tons more and I just can't remember them off of the top of my head.

Anyway, that is a little update for you. Things have been super busy, but we are loving it. We are loving it more that things are starting to slow down a little and we can enjoy time being a family. :)

Karin

Marcus and the squirt

One of my favorite photos of Lydia from her 18 month session in February.

My most favortest favorite of her! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment