Monday, August 6, 2012

I Believe...

I believe...

~That people, not matter what faith, should be able to practice and worship freely. Without protesting signs, without hateful words, and without violence. Even if the day comes when a close friend or family member decides to practice another faith than yourself, they should be able to do so freely.

~that if your child passes before you meet them, or even at a young age, you will still have the opportunity to be with your child. You will still be able to raise them to adulthood. A blessing of a temple.

~that you can be married for time an all eternity to your spouse and not just until death do you part. Another blessing of the temple.

~I believe that every faith has some truth to it. If there is a faith that has absolutely no truth, it would be destroyed. I believe that even atheists have some truth of the Gospel. If this statement was not true, then the human race would have no morals.

~Satan is real. He works at our inner most thoughts, feelings, and desires, even though it might just be a chocolate craving. He is our brother, and he knows us very well.

~I believe in the importance of family. Family should always be the number one priority. If you can be there for your family, you need to be there.

~I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt. Trusting people and assuming that everyone has a good heart, even though it can really hurt you sometimes.

~I believe that EVERYONE should try to understand each other. Even religion. Try to understand what your Muslim, Jewish, Sikh, Amish, baptist, evangelical, or even Mormon/LDS friends believe. I know if you understand (not necessarily agree) you will learn so much about the person and why they behave that way.

~I believe in learning everything you can. The one thing you for sure take with you when you pass is what you learn. No riches or items will go with you, but what you learn will always be with you.

~I believe that Jesus is the Christ. That he suffered in the garden for our sins and then was sacrificed on the cross so we can get back to our Heavenly Father again.

~I believe in the Plan of Salvation. The Plan of Salvation is an amazing thing. Before we came to this Earth, we knew what the plan was. We knew our Heavenly Father and our brothers and sisters. We knew what was going to happen in our lives and we chose to come to Earth to gain our bodies. We go to learn lessons and to grow as children of God. When we come to earth a veil is placed over us so we don't remember what our heavenly home is like. We learn lessons and work our way back to our Heavenly Father. There is a plan already set up for everyone.

~We were given the gift of free agency. Even though there was a plan set for us for when we came to Earth by our Heavenly Father, he still gives us the wonderful opportunity to choose for ourselves.

~I believe that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has the absolute fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I believe this is the church he set up in the Bible and in the Book of Mormon. That even though other faiths do have some truth to them, this church has all of it.

~I believe that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ while he visited the Americas.

~I believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, just like the prophets before him such as Moses, Issac, Jacob, and Abraham. Even Noah. I believe that we were blessed with modern day prophets such as the recent Thomas S. Monson to guide us in these trials of the latter days while we all try to endure to the end.

~I believe that life is a very precious and sacred thing. It can be taken away in a flash, or very painful and slowly. We need to try to live life as best we can and make our arguments as short as possible. Every life is sacred and precious. If it wasn't we wouldn't be here. I know there are reasons for why babies die, wars happen, people who we think shouldn't have children do, etc.


I believe all of these things and very strongly in fact. I didn't gain testimony of these things over night. I gained testimony of these things through my own personal experiences. I am told by many that I have a lot of love for people that many others don't have. If this is really the case, I hope I never loose my love or even trust for mere strangers. Everyone has been lonely. Everyone has endured horrible trials. Instead of hating each other and being angry, let's lean on each other instead. Because times are only going to get harder.

"As I have loved you, love one another. This new commandment, love one another. By this shall men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." (LDS Primary Song)

Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment