Monday, May 9, 2011

What A Week!!

What a week!!

So, I recently was just hired at the Country Store here in town as a clerk. For all ya'll who are worried about me getting a new job and my pregnancy, don't be. This is one of the least stressful jobs I have ever worked and I love it! So, please. Stop worrying now.

All this week I have been in training so I could be on my own this past weekend. Well, this past weekend was Graduation weekend for Franklin. HOLY COW! Also, with it being graduation weekend, it was my first weekend closing completely on my own. The Stress kicked in.

Saturday (graduation day) was a zoo. We were super busy and I couldn't keep up with stocking the cooler. Marcus was wonderful and came helped. A LOT! At one point I had a lot of customers and the beer was gone. So three people just went into the back and just helped themselves. I felt bad. Marcus said he watched them and they were locals so no biggie. But, later that night when my wonderful husband was helping me stock the cooler (as in I was up front and he was stocking it) he said in the hour and a half he was back there (super long time to be stocking that thing. we were low!) he had to refill the beer three times. He said that every time he turned around he had to restock it. I guess it was frustrating. :)

Also, because of being in a hurry with so many customers i hit some wrong buttons and totally threw off my drawer. I told my boss, Terri, and she came in at 10:30 to help me with the paper work and fix my mistakes. She is a life saver.

So many different adventures happened that day including a pit bull running around in my store. Someone told me to call the cops because there was a pit bull loose in the city. He had tags, but he did need to be picked up. Anyway, someone came into the store and the dog followed. HE RAN EVERYWHERE AND WE COULD NOT CATCH HIM! In the mean time I was on the phone with the dispatcher and I am pretty sure I heard her giggling. Well, I did give her something to giggle about.

Finally 10:30 came and we were finally slowing down. Terri came in to help with paper work. We are supposed to be out no later than 11:30 and we left right at midnight. Anyway, she said she was impressed and that I did really well. I was 1.97 over in my drawer. Which I guess isn't bad for your first day by yourself.

One of the many things you have to do is fill the ice in the fountain machine. Duh.. go figure. I take multiple trips so I won't be lifting anything to heavy. Anyway, I climbed on the stool to dump in the ice on top and the ice kept emptying out. IT WOULD NOT STAY IN THE MACHINE!! I couldn't figure it out. I look down and I see my wonderfully HUGE baby bump was pressing the ice dispenser button. I had to laugh at myself for that one. I got ice everywhere. Thank you Lydia. I told Terri what happened. Down the road I told her I might not be able to do that anymore because eventually I'll get to big and won't be about to reach the top without hitting the button. She thought it was pretty hilarious. I did as well. :)

As you saw from my last blog post our finances are pretty tight. I was really excited from this week of training I gained 13 hours of overtime. YAY! That will help us out a lot! I didn't realize I had worked that much this week. I knew I worked a lot compared to my normal life schedule, but today I slept. A LOT! I was out cold from midnight last night (right after I got home) to about 1 in the afternoon today. So much for being productive today. :)

Anyway, I love this new job. Besides this past weekend it isn't that stressful. I closed again by myself last night and it went so much better. I was a little off but Terri said it wasn't hard to fix and that I did well. I love that this job gets me out of the house. Marcus has even noticed a change in my attitude. It makes time go by so much faster and I can't believe that this weekend I am seeing my family again. The last two weeks flew by!

This job is such a huge blessing. For our finances AND just for my mentality. I still get to be home a little and take care of the kiddos (pets) and work part-time. Thank you God for this wonderful blessing of a good job, with a great boss, and great fellow employees to work with.

I can't wait for the many other adventures that will come with it. :)

Karin Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment